Yam Yam Yam patties
- 1 Potato, peeled and grated
- 1 Sweet Potato or Yam , peeled and grated
- Dash of red star yeast
- Few slithers of Onion
- Salt n Peppa
Once squeezed, place in a bowl and add the Onion, Salt and pepper. Toss everything up with a fork.
Heat a skillet pan and add a drizzle of Oil. Use your hands to scoop up a load of the Potato mix and place on the skillet. Form hamburger like patties about the size of your hand .. Cook for 2 mins on quite a high heat. Flip the pattiesi over and cook on medium heat for 5-8 mins. You'll probably need to flip over again but you'll know when they are ready - they will be golden brown in colour with a few black areas.
Serve on a bed of Quinoa and a Shiitake gravy !
What ??? you need a gravy recipe ????
ok here it is :
- 1 cooking onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. vegan butter or margarine
- 90g (~4 ounces) shiitake mushrooms, rinsed and finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 1 cup vegetarian vegetable broth
- ½ Tbsp. corn or arrowroot starch
- ½ tsp. dried rosemary
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt the vegan butter or margarine over low heat.
- Add the onions and garlic, stirring well. Cook slowly until golden brown.
- Add the chopped shiitake mushrooms together to the pan.
- Add the soy sauce.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms have released their juices. At this point, the mixture will stop steaming.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and wine to the pan and continue to cook and stir over medium-high heat until the liquid is evaporated.
- Add the rosemary and ground black pepper.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, mix the vegetable broth and corn starch with a fork.
- Add the broth to the saucepan with the mushrooms and bring to a boil
- After reaching a boil, simmer for additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot over mashed potatoes, lentil loaf or other vegetarian main dishes